Annual General Meeting Wednesday 30th September @ 6:30pm
Watch WECH AGM Online
Our Annual General Meeting is on Zoom and Facebook live Wednesday 30th September starting at 6:30pm.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 0207 266 3347 with questions for the panel to respond at or before the AGM.
- Via Zoom chat.
Ways to Watch
- Facebook live from this page (No Facebook account required)
- Zoom (Url sent by post)
If you have a smart tv you can also watch via Facebook watch app or Casting to your tv. Install Facebook watch and Search @wechhousing or Walterton and Elgin Community Homes.
The purpose of the AGM is to elect Board members, receive the annual report and appoint external auditors.
- You must be a member of WECH to have the right to stand for election to the Board, nominate a candidate for election to the Board and/or to vote on any of the items of business carried out during the AGM.
- If you are not a member and wish to stand for election you must submit a membership application for consideration by the Board at its AGM, in addition to your nomination form.
- If you are not a member and wish to vote on any of the matters of Business to be decided at the AGM, you must submit an application form for consideration by the Board at the AGM.
- A membership application form can be obtained from the WECH office. Additionally, if there are any other adults in your household who are not members, please phone and request an application for them. Anyone over 18 permanently living in a WECH property is eligible to be a member.
- If you are not sure if you are a WECH member, phone WECH and we can confirm it for you.
Any WECH member who is interested in being nominated to become a Board member is required to declare their candidacy in advance of the AGM. This will enable information on candidates standing for election to be circulated and to allow time for other members to consider their relative merits.
If you are unable to attend the meeting you can still cast your vote for the election of Board members by completing the proxy form contained in the AGM notice letter, which will be sent to you by the WECH Secretary.
The proxy form will list all the candidates standing for election. Tick the candidates you wish to vote for, sign and return the form to the WECH office before the AGM. Your vote will then be counted with the ballots cast at the AGM.